Crutial Guidelines for Obtaining a W-2 from Your Previous Employer

07 Jan

Taxes are fundamental part of the living in today's society, even if it makes your head to spin when you think about it. In case you have switched your job recently, and you have the desire to know the ultimate guide on how to get a W-2 from your previous earlier employer, below are some of them.  

W-2 also known as Wage and Tax Statement outlines the compensation you got from your previous employer over time. This form usually is available to an employee at the beginning of the year. Basically, W-2 outlines of you owe tax money off if you will get a tax refund. Thus, it is highly recommendable to have W-2 for the sake of determining your earnings. W-2 does not only offer you with a summary of your compensation but it also shows you how much you have contributed to your health insurance, in addition to if you have made any other deductions. Check Get w2 from previous employer to learn more.

To get a W-2 from your previous employer, the first step is to consider reaching out to him or her. It is advisable to consider asking the previous HR representative for a copy. It is vital to make sure that you have provided them with address that is correct. You can also get a W-2 by contacting the administrator of your payroll. Check Get w2 from previous employer for more info.

To obtain a W-2 form; you may need to call the IRS which makes it easy for you. If the rest of the methods fail, you do not have to worry. You can go directly to Uncle Sam who will ask you all the necessary details regarding your employer. They will also want you to provide them with information about your salary as well as the wages. By obtaining your employer's identification number, you make the work easy for all the stakeholders. To find this number, you need to have your last pay stub on the form you got last year. From there the employer will be contacted by the IRS and asked to avail the missing form. You will be given a form 4852 which  you have to fill.

By filing your taxes, it becomes easy to get your W-2 form from your boss.  Your taxes are still due in the 15th of April regardless of the time you receive your W2. You might be required to approximate your savings as well as wages, so you do not get late in paying your taxes. The IRS gives a room for individuals to use form 4852 as an alternative of W2. They are allowed when the employer fails to provide the correct information in the forms, or they do not provide the W2 forms at all. Visit for other references.

* The email will not be published on the website.
This site was built using